Candidate Training Resources for Advocacy Groups
Train and Equip Your Champions
At Candidate Boot Camp, we’re democratizing democracy by teaching citizens how to put together an effective campaign for elected office by offering online, low-cost, non-partisan training. We help advocacy groups get their supporters elected to local and state political office with resources you can use in virtual or live settings.
I've assisted and run campaigns since 2000. The tools, resources, and partnerships Candidate Boot Camp are ideal for any campaign, organization, or up and coming political operative.B.J. Perry
Local Races: The Sleeping Giant
Federal and (some) state-level candidates have the resources to hire professional expertise to help them win. But 99% of candidates are on their own.
Learning How to Win
Created by a team of experienced campaign professionals, our tools reduce candidates’ risks and improve their outcomes by showing them proven strategies and best practices used by the pros. They avoid costly mistakes and shorten their learning curve.
Do you run live training seminars or boot camps? We’ve put together a free training resource package can save you time and improve the quality and quantity of information you deliver.
Our FREE kit includes:
- Training Outline – This outline and mind map provide a comprehensive list of all topics covered in our Basic Training course. You can use it as a guide to the topics you may or may not want to include in your own seminars.
- Worksheets – You can either hand out this worksheet bundle or provide them to your attendees electronically:
- Am I Ready to Run? 20 questions the candidate should answer before deciding to run.
- Issue Profile – Guided process for determining the candidate’s top three issues.
- Know Your Strengths – Worksheets for the candidate and supporters to evaluate strengths and weaknesses.
- 72-hour Checklist – This critical resource makes sure nothing is left to chance on election day.
- Sample Budget – This handy Excel spreadsheet provides a template for planning and tracking expenses and donations.
- Campaign Infrastructure Ebook – Our massive, 92-page ebook explains how candidates at every budget point can assemble powerful digital infrastructure, including building a simple website, accepting donations, setting up social media channels, building and maintaining a contact database, communicating and collaborating with a team, and measuring everything with analytics tools.
- $50 Off Coupon – We’ll send you your own, personalized coupon code for up to 30 people in your group to get $50 off our Basic Training course.
Get Your Kit
We offer group discounts so you can affordably deliver our Basic Training online course to your organization. Getting your supporters elected to state and local office is the shortest path to real change. This training reduces their risk exposure and gives them an unfair advantage over their opponents.
The self-paced, online course includes:
- Over 3 hours of high-quality, self-paced, online video training
- Dozens of downloadable worksheets, checklists, and templates
- Lifetime membership to our secret Facebook mastermind group
Our group training option gives you instant access to the training course and lets you manage access by either manually adding names and emails or by uploading a spreadsheet.
The following table lists our group pricing discount schedule:
|Discount||Price per Seat|
|1 to 4||0%||$497|
|5 to 9||20%||$398|
|10 to 24||30%||$348|
|25 to 49||40%||$298|
|50 to 99||50%||$249|
Revenue Generator or Member Benefit
Once you purchase training seats, you’re free to charge whatever you like! Give the seats away as a member benefit or charge full price and use the difference to fund your advocacy goals.
Our training course includes 8 comprehensive modules:
- Considering a Run: This is a pre-flight checklist, if you will, to make sure all systems are “go” before you begin.
- Campaign Structure & Organization: Before delving into the nitty-gritty, we need to explain some key concepts and terminology for political campaigns.
- Exploratory Phase: This is the final checklist before you start building out your campaign strategy or team.
- Pre-announcement: Now is where the fun begins! You never get a second chance to make a first impression, so this module aims to prepare you for success.
- Announcement Day: You’ve done all of your homework, so now it’s time to commit and launch your campaign.
- Campaign Strategies, Priorities, & Tactics: This module presents the real meat of a campaign and provides priceless advice that will save you money and improve your outcomes.
- Growing Support: Now your campaign is in the home stretch and it’s a matter of continuing to expand the reach of your campaign.
- The Day After: Win or lose, you’ll want to be prepared for the outcome of your election efforts.
In addition to the video instruction, there 24 downloadable worksheets, templates and ebooks.
|Planning||01 - Considering a Run||Am I Ready to Run?||Worksheet|
|Planning||02 - Campaign Structure & Organization||Identify Key Supporters||Worksheet|
|Planning||02 - Campaign Structure & Organization||Sample Database||Template|
|Planning||02 - Campaign Structure & Organization||Sample Sign-in Sheet||Template|
|Planning||03 - Exploratory Phase||Know Your Strengths||Worksheet|
|Planning||03 - Exploratory Phase||Know Your Strengths- Self Evaluation||Worksheet|
|Planning||03 - Exploratory Phase||Local Leadership Identification||Worksheet|
|Planning||03 - Exploratory Phase||Issue Profile/Breakdown||Worksheet|
|Planning||04 - Pre-announcement||Sample Budget||Template|
|Planning||04 - Pre-announcement||Sample Press Release/ Draft Release||Template|
|Planning||04 - Pre-announcement||Sample Press List||Template|
|Planning||04 - Pre-announcement||Branding and Messaging||eBook|
|Planning||04 - Pre-announcement||Sample Calendar||Template|
|Planning||04 - Pre-announcement||Campaign Infrastructure||eBook|
|Planning||04 - Pre-announcement||Pre-announcement Checklist||Worksheet|
|Planning||04 - Pre-announcement||Sample announcement day email scripts||Template|
|Execution||05 - Announcement Day||Photography and Videography||eBook|
|Execution||06 - Campaign Strategies, Priorities, & Tactics||Digital Advertising||eBook|
|Execution||06 - Campaign Strategies, Priorities, & Tactics||Email Checklist||Worksheet|
|Execution||06 - Campaign Strategies, Priorities, & Tactics||Social Media Best Practices||eBook|
|Execution||06 - Campaign Strategies, Priorities, & Tactics||Fundraising Kit (fundraising letter, donation script)||eBook|
|Execution||07 - Growing Support||Telephone/ Walk Script||Template|
|Execution||07 - Growing Support||Event Checklist||Worksheet|
|Execution||07 - Growing Support||72-hour Checklist||Worksheet|
You can watch the orientation video for the training series…